Kegel exercises for men – An overview
Kegel exercises help make the pelvic muscles stronger. Kegel for men can aid in regaining bladder control after surgery and improve sexual function.
Pelvic muscles aid bladder functions. These muscles can become weak after prostate surgery or due to other medical conditions. In such cases, Kegel for men can help to strengthen pelvic muscles without medicines or surgeries.
Steps for Kegel exercises
Kegel for men is very easy to do. But first, you need to locate the right muscles for these exercises.
- You can find the right muscles for Kegel by focusing on the urination process. When urinating, stop the flow a few times during the process. The muscles that help you do this are the ones you need to squeeze for kegel exercises.
- You don’t need to do kegel while urinating. Relax and tighten your pelvic floor muscles. Count to five and then release. You can begin by five sets 2-3 times a day. Increase the sets once you can comfortably do the exercises.
- You can do kegel exercises in the beginning while lying down. But later, try to do them while walking and sitting also.
Benefits of Kegel exercises
Kegel for men offers several benefits.
- Kegel exercises can help you regain the control of pelvic muscles after prostate cancer surgery.
- Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic muscles are important to treat urinary and fecal incontinence problems.
- Kegel exercises can also help improve sexual function by treating problems like premature ejaculation. Kegel can also improve the strength of your erections.
Things to consider for Kegel exercises
Keep the below points in mind to get better results from kegel exercises.
- Keep breathing normally during the exercises.
- Avoid moving other nearby muscles while doing kegel.
- Keep up a regular practice for best results.
- Increase the number of sets gradually.
- Try to do kegel in different positions.
Kegel exercises are an easy and inexpensive way to strengthen the pelvic muscles. You don’t need any special equipment for kegel. You can do it anytime of the day. But always consult your doctor before beginning a kegel exercise routine.